Tuesday, November 3, 2009

32-Week Appointment!

My 32-week appointment was today, moved up from tomorrow due to some chest pains I started having Sunday night that have continued a few times a day. My doc isn't too worried, since I have had intermittent chest pain since I was little, but told me to call ASAP if they're accompanied by any shortness of breath, pressure or a squeezing sensation in my chest, or pain in my left side, between my shoulder blades or in my face.

The other news? I'm starting to dilate! Apparently the pain I've been having that they thought was Round Ligament Pain (but I figured wasn't, since I've been having it when lying down, waking me up at night, etc.) has been the start of real contractions, though they're not very intense just yet (*Note: If this is what he considers "not very intense", I'm going to need to be hooked up to a constant epidural starting in about three weeks!). He said that this is normal, and that they're probably going to start to occur more frequently and with more intensity in the coming weeks. AWESOME! I know I shouldn't be nearly this excited, but he gave me a definite green light on the induction since my body is starting to 'ready itself' already, and said we have a good shot at a pre-Christmas baby! These are all things I love to hear, despite how unpredictable labor is and how frequently doctors can be wrong about these things. I know all that - but this gives me hope!

Apparently my excessive thirst is normal as well - he actually recommends drinking a gallon of water a day. For those of you who aren't too keen on conversions, that's SIXTEEN glasses of water a DAY. No joke. I am topping out between 12-14, so though I won't be hustling to fit those other 2-4 in, it's good to know that my thirst isn't a symptom of a larger problem!

Next appointment - 11/18 at 34 weeks! Two weeks after that start the weekly appointments. Despite my impatience, time is starting to fly by :)

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! She's almost here! OMG, I would totally be jumping up and down, trying to make the baby get here faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 32 week doctor's appointment is tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm going to show him my birth plan and see if he'll discuss it with me. I asked about labor and delivery about a month and a half ago and he said he doesn't really go into details until week 36. Grrrr. I'm going to convince him otherwise. lol. Congrats on the dilation and the induction news! AND on the water intake. I can't drink more than 16 oz without getting severe acid reflux. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exciting - I don't know what I would do if I found out I was already starting to dilate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails