Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Favorite Thing of the Week!

I'm not much of a rule follower. During my first trimester, I was much better about limiting caffeine, etc, due to my overwhelming fear of miscarriage, but since I hit the 'safe zone', I've thrown caution to the wind and done what I need to do to get through the remainder of my pregnancy, much of which involves caffeinated beverages (I mean, I already have the fat-free, sugar-free version. If they're not caffeinated, then what the hell are they actually made of?!). The consistent exception to this rule has been (besides obvious toxic substances - duh) deli meat.



As you may have noticed by this point, I have bad luck. While the risk of listeria is super low, the risk of being bit by a brown recluse spider is actually LOWER and that one has happened, so I have chosen to err on the side of caution. I stay away from unpasteurized dairy products and beverages, homemade Caesar salad dressings, and sadly, turkey :( One of the first things on my Go-get-me-food-I-just-bore-your-child!!! list is a Beach Club from Jimmy John's, and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into it! Until then, however, I made a recent discovery that is rocking my world: Stouffer's Smoked Turkey Panini!! I know you can have deli meat if it's heated to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, but the thought of microwaved deli meat is enough to make me gag. In this case, however, it's delicious warm, and after being microwaved in a convenient panini for nearly four minutes, you can rest assured that it's safe for consumption by you and your little tot. In case that's not good enough, it's also smothered in cheese, bacon and sourdough bread, but low in fat and calories, making it my ideal meal. Listeria be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails