Wednesday, October 21, 2009

30-Week Appointment!

I had my 30-week appointment this morning and all is well. In fact, Baby B must've had a growth spurt (which I'd suspected due to my ravenous appetite and exhaustion), since I'm measuring 3.5cm larger (30.5cm) than I was when I went for my 28-week appointment 13 days ago!!! WOW. I also gained 2.4lbs in those 13 days. Damn it. Up to 17.5-18lbs now...oh well. At least her growth spurt shows for something, and definitely helps back up my argument for the induction :) My blood sugar, blood pressure and all those other important stats continue to look low-to-normal, also, so no worries there. And Baby B is moving and squirming just like she should :)

My doc did nix the running, though, after a jog last night really kicked my a$$. I was in some screaming pain after running only about a mile, so he said no more running or jogging, just perhaps a bit of power walking here and there. Fine by me.

We also took the time to go over my birth plan, which seems to be, by design and nature, an oxymoron. My only plan is to get her out. As quickly as possible. With as little pain as possible. There were some things, though, that I wanted in writing, including my extreme desire for an epidural, and that no one except D be allowed near me or our room from the time I'm in active/stage 2 labor until I've finished nursing for the first time, so I made one anyways. If you're looking for a good guideline to help draft yours, consult here. I expected my doc to be against it, but he was totally, 100% supportive, and even sat through and read it all, saying he liked my attitude. I don't know about y'all, but not that many people "like my attitude" these days, so that was nice of him :)

Other than that, all is well. I'm off red meat and dairy and cutting out a bit of sugar until my next appointment on 11/4, though, because of some issues with my stomach, but I'm not really much of a meat-eater anyhow, so no worries. The cutting back on sugar, however, is another story entirely, but should slow my weight gain some, so can't hurt, right?

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about your weight gain. I gained 3 pounds in one week!!! I've gained a total of 35 pounds and still have 9 weeks to go. I'll be happy if I stay under 50 which I will if I only gain the recommended 1 pound per week, but at the rate I'm going I'll be a walrus! I'm going to start walking more and see if that helps. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. I can't stress it enough, hun, in the third trimester do NOT worry about weight gain! I gained ZERO weight throughout the whole pregnancy and the last trimester I put on almost 15 lbs! Immediately after Marianne was born, BAM it was gone. Little B needs as many calories as she can get to get as big as she can get in preparation for that cold-ass delivery room (believe me, mine was effing FREEZING.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails