Thursday, October 1, 2009

Damn you, Kinkos.

I'm trying to be positive, to be kind to the general public, and just generally not turn into the raging bitch I'm desperately trying to supress right now, but to be honest, it's not going well, and it's not my fault. It's Kinkos' fault.

This morning, having picked up the baby's mat for her elephant picture I've been putting together for her room, I went in to assemble the print, mat and frame and hang it on the wall. I was VERY excited to see the end result of weeks of taking measurements, placing orders and shelling out cash. I unwrapped my pretty pink mat with a fervor I tend to reserve for Christmas and baby shower gifts, delicately took the frame out of it's packaging, and gracefully assembled them in anticipation of one beautiful elephant centerpiece for Baby B's room. Only then, having all the pieces finally together, did I realize that the print did NOT fit the mat and frame.

What is it that's so difficult about making a print replica and enlarging it to 18x24? That's a pretty standard size, measuring a nice, round 1.5ftx2ft. Simple enough, right? WRONG. Apparently, Kinkos took my 18x24 specifications to mean roughly 17 5/8" x 22 1/4" , because that's clearly the same, right? WRONG. WHAT THE HELL SIZE MAT/FRAME could I put something with those dimensions in and expect it to fit? I'm sorry, but is one of your main jobs making copies and prints? Or did I accidentally slip into an alternate universe and place this order at HEB? I just don't understand why they did this. Apparently the man who had the misfortune of answering the phone this morning (who sounded nothing if not terrified of me) felt that it would work better cropped to these dimensions, but um, could he not have run that by me? Or at least let me know at the time of pickup? Call me an idiot, but I trusted them to have made it the right size, especially since I paid per sq. ft. for 18x24.

Luckily, however, I'm good at getting my point across. My new, accurately-sized print will be ready tomorrow at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails