Friday, October 16, 2009

Meet the Pediatrician.

Sorry I've been bad with the updates, but this week has continued to suck. Wednesday, our dog got out. TWICE. When only I was home both times. And it's probably important to mention that if I had MY way, we wouldn't have said dog, and so my feelings towards him are less than friendly, and the last thing I wanted to do twice on Wednesday was haul his 50-60lb. ass through my neighborhood, while he dug his back paws/claws into anything nearby as to not have to go with me. My neighbors got quite the kick out of that, let me tell you. It probably didn't help that I was screaming at him the whole way about how he better not put me into pre-term labor by making me carry him...

Luckily, however, the day turned around after that, and I had a great meeting with Baby B's prospective pediatrician. Dr. Kibler is fantastic :) At first I wasn't sure what to expect, and was completely unprepared for our meeting (a big shout-out to the What To Expect When You're Expecting Pregnancy Planner for having a whole interview written out for me!), but it went great, and I felt like we really hit it off. I usually opt for male doctors, personally, but wanted a female for Baby B, since she'll likely be seeing her for the next 18 years, and Dr. Kibler was a great fit. She had no problem supporting the alternative vaccination schedule I am interested in (I have a vaccine allergy, so I'm concerned that, though unlikely, Baby B could react also and want to give her certain shots in isolation to make sure we know what causes her to react if she does..), claiming to be a 'team player'. She was just really laidback and made me feel very comfortable, and talked about her own kids (she has a little girl, also, which is a bonus) and breastfeeding and didn't try to rush me out the door. Sold!

It should actually be noted that as soon as she walked into her office and complimented me on "having retained my figure so far into pregnancy", I was sold :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you found a pediatrician! I think we've found one too, but we still need to meet and interview with them. A nurse in my OB's office recommended them as she has taken her 4 year old daughter to them since she was born. I didn't know the What to Expect book had a pediatrician interview questionnaire in it! I'll definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the interview in the What to Expect book or the What to Expect Pregnancy Planner? I have a meeting/appointment coming up a couple of weeks and want to be as prepared as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails