Friday, October 9, 2009

Sugar Rush.

You know what you can expect after your glucose tolerance screening? To eat nothing but complete and utter crap all day long.



I have really been doing well, practicing self-restraint and such, but after the 50g of dextrose I ingested at 8:30 yesterday morning, my entire day was practically shot. As you all know, I log what I eat/what nutrients, etc I get at Babyfit.com, and knowing that lying will only end up hurting me in this situation, I am painfully honest about it. Those four jelly bellies I found and ate? Logged. That yogurt pretzel that turned into two cups and about 800 calories? Yep. Better to be honest and know how/where to compensate then, oops, accidentally pull a Kate Hudson and put on 70lbs to have one 7lb child, ya know?

Anyhow, yesterday went a little something like this:

Breakfast: 50g dextrose drink (which I logged as the equivocal orange soda per my calorie conversions - yeah, I 'm a nerd.)
Snack: 2 mini Mr. Goodbars, 2 mini Hershey's Dark, 4 jelly bellies (damn dogsitting! I would never have access to this kind of shit in my own house!)
Lunch: Sonic Chicken Strip Dinner & Diet Sprite
Snack: 1 mini twix, 1 mini M&M's. Stupid Halloween basket left at door for girls.
Dinner: Chicken Enchilada plate from Santa Rita
Dessert: Amy's White Chocolate Ice Cream with Bananas mixed in.

GROSS, B! I am so disappointed with my eating yesterday, but frankly, when you start your day with pure sugar, what else can you expect to have a taste for all day? Anyhow, today I'm being 'good' to balance it out, and drinking tons of water to attempt to flush my system and try to curb these damn carb cravings.

On the upside, at least my glucose tolerance test wasn't following on the heels of a day of eating like THAT!

1 comment:

  1. OMG.

    After my glucose tolerance test I couldn't even LOOK at an orange soda for WEEKS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails