Monday, October 19, 2009

I've Decided to Become a Cliche.

At least with regards to my post-baby workout plan, that is. With the AIDS walk and Race for the Cure both taking place in the next/past weeks, I've decided that my big fitness goal for 2010 will be to run a marathon. Don't get me wrong - I'm not aspiring to the 26.2 mile marathon that passes through major metropolitan cities. No way, Jose. But I would like to participate in one of these for-charity runs. I've always felt it's a life experience that everyone should have, and I'm proud to finally be adding it to my own little list.




Having resolved to do this and now committed to it in front of God and everyone (ok, actually just my handful of faithful readers), I'm now feeling a bit nervous. This is quite a monumental task for me to undertake. To put it in perspective for you, I decided to take up running on an indoor track while in college, and within a week had stress fractures in both my calves. An indoor track, friends. Not even concrete! To put it simply, my body is a wuss, and my bones and muscles despise exercise in a way even my lazy mind cannot quite understand. This should get interesting!



The first thing D said when I told him was, "So I take it I am going to have to learn how to spend a bit of time alone with the baby, then?" Thanks, honey, for your support. Marathon or not, you'd better pick up the 'spending time alone with baby' skill reaaallllllly quickly if you want me to stay sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails