Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Elephant Picture is Done!!

I've been working on a project for the past few weeks, much to my dismay and frustration (at Kinkos). A friend of mine that I had previously nannied for a few summers back had this gorgeous elephant print hanging up in her little one's (at the time - she's not so little anymore now!) nursery, and as soon as we had decided on the theme for Baby B's nursery, I called her up to see if there would be anyway I could make a copy. I knew that the print was painted by her mother, who tragically died a couple of months before her oldest daughter was born, and it now hung in her younger daughter's nursery, and knowing how much their family meant to me made it all the more special for the print to be included in Baby B's nursery.

Anyhow, she gladly handed over the original and gave me the rundown on what it took for her to put it together for Sid's nursery - enlarging the print to whatever size I wanted, and then choosing a mat and frame and having them made/put together. I opted to spend about half of what it took her to do it, waiting for frame sales at Hobby Lobby and custom framing discounts at Michael's, and had the print blown up to an 18x24 size, which was surprisingly inexpensive, considering it was the biggest contributor to the finished product, and had to be done twice (once for free) thanks to Kinkos original mistake. Anyhow, as of last night, the print is finally home, matted, framed and hung, and I LOVE it. It looks great! I debated for what felt like hours about what color to do the frame, since Baby B's bedding is brown and her furniture is a honey-colored wood, but went with black due to a.) the contour shades in the print, and b.) everything else we have to hang in there is also framed in black, and you know I'm a sucker for matching. Hope you guys like it as much as we do!

4 comments:

  1. What a great picture! It looks wonderful and Baby B will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture! Great job putting it together yourself. Kinkos is now on my bad list -- good for you for not taking whatever they tried to give you the first time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture. I love it! Good job on the nursery design too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails