Monday, October 12, 2009

A Few Quick Updates...

First off, I PASSED MY GESTATIONAL DIABETES SCREENING! Hallelujah. I'm not even anemic - whew!

Second, when talking to the nurse about my results, I brought up the issue of cord blood donation. Apparently, my doctor charges a $200 collection fee for private storage, and donation isn't even an option because my hospital doesn't participate. Not only that, I was informed that NO Austin-area hospitals participate, and that the closest is in San Antonio. I can't help but think that a.) charging a fee for my desire to save another person's life is ludicrous, and b.) they can't possibly be right about the fact that no Austin-area hospitals participate. I think I shall investigate more. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of doing this - check into your docs fees (most shouldn't have any) and your hospital's policies before filling out 14 pages of paperwork. I'm just sayin... :)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails