Wednesday, January 27, 2010

If It's Not One Thing...

...then it's sure to be another breastfeeding catastrophe.

I am about 99% sure that baby and I have thrush. She is showing 0 signs of it, but I am in so much pain that sometimes I tear up when she latches on. The pain lingers well after feedings as well, hanging around enough to make me dread her next feeding. Seeing as how I've become 100% committed to breastfeeding at least for 6 months, I am suffering through until I can get treated. It's a small price to pay to be able to offer Ava food that is not only nutritionally perfect for her, but also protective against everything from obesity to SIDS to teenage pregnancy (ok, so that last one is BS, but you get the picture!) My mom suggested I pick up some gentian violet tincture, as it can effectively knock thrush out in most women, and far more quickly (and cheaply!) than a doctor's visit and 14-21 days of meds. Just a suggestion for those of you suffering right along with me! Just a word of warning, though: it stains like crazy, so watch out!

Alright - off to shower so we can go pick that up on our way to (finally) get Ava's stroller! Today is going to be so much better than yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails