Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last Day!

Today was my last day of work before I started my maternity leave. While it's a great feeling to know that I have nowhere to be tomorrow or anytime really until Sunday at 4pm, I was still completely unprepared for how saddened I would be to say goodbye to the D's, if even for only a few weeks. Looking at my backseat without a car seat and booster chair just looks wrong, and while I'd like to say I at least waited until I drove away before the tears started, I must admit that I put on a quite embarrassing show of emotion and cried before I even headed for the door. Luckily, so did they. It was also nice hearing that even though their previous nanny is going to fill in for me once they're back from Christmas vacation and while I'm still out, that I absolutely, 100% have no need to worry about my job security. "It's not her job to take, it's your job to come back to," they informed me. Awesome. I love them SO much.

It does make me feel vastly better, though, to know that I will actually be seeing them in the next 6 or 7 days, and when I do, I'll be showing off my newborn baby girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails