Saturday, December 26, 2009

Long Day!

Today was a roaring success! First off, all three bathrooms in our house are spotless, as is every window and mirror. I managed to also get the floors downstairs vacuumed/swept/mopped, but after all that decided that tomorrow I'll tackle the upstairs and the laundry. Otherwise, this house is clean!

Also, her bassinet is set up in our room, complete with batteries installed in the vibrating/sound part, and diapers and wipes in the accessory tray. Now all it needs is a baby!



(On a side note, I'm seriously wondering how many times I'm going to run into this damn thing on the way to the bathroom and set off the sound, therefore waking up both baby and D. I've already set it off twice on accident while walking by. That should be fun to watch. Not.)

We also managed to sneak in some Tino's Greek Cafe (my favorite), get the baby's Santa present that we hadn't been able to find, install the batteries in her baby swing and the bouncer, and return my library books. On top of that, we got a little bath sponge for her to lay in for those first few baths, took down all Christmas decorations except the tree, and finished off the pre-baby grocery shopping, complete with soup, powerade and sprite (in case of c-section), and general 100-calorie snack packs for those late night feedings where I'm ravished. All in all, I'd say we're ready!



For tomorrow, all I have left is to clean the upstairs, do a quick load of laundry, and then toss my toiletries in our bag. Then it's off for a pedicure to relax and enjoy my last chance at silence and solitude for a bit...not that I'm complaining - I'm just a realist. Oh, and we need to install the car seat we just picked up from one of my best friends sisters. THANK YOU!!!

Oh, and I put up the decals to finish off her bathroom once and for all:





Holy cow. This time tomorrow, I'll either be in labor, or passed out in a hospital bed dreaming of being in labor. I'm hoping for the former!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails