Friday, December 4, 2009

So. Tired.

I am so ridiculously tired, it's a miracle I can even type. I haven't been sleeping well, to say the least. In fact, I've been sleeping so poorly that I frequently wake up for an hour or two at a time, and have to cry myself back to sleep, because much like Baby B will when she emerges, I cry when I'm overtired. It's absolutely crazy-making.

The main reason is that I can't get comfortable. This will come as no shock, seeing as how I'm now 24 pounds fatter than I used to be, Baby B weighs in at at least six of those and moves like an acrobat ALL NIGHT LONG, and I'm a stomach sleeper by nature. Add to that what feels suspiciously like restless leg syndrome, the 100 times a night I have to pee now that Baby B is engaged, and the Braxton-Hicks I tend to experience all night long, and it's just a recipe for disaster. I've also been having awful stomach cramps five to six times a day since Wednesday night, which isn't making things any easier. I'm not sure what that's all about, but last night I actually was trying to time my stomach cramps to make sure that they weren't actually uterine contractions. It's surprisingly difficult to tell the difference, as stupid as that sounds.

Also nagging at me last night was my sore left arm, seeing as how I finally found a thimerosal-free seasonal flu shot! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the second to last dose in the county. If you're a fellow Austinite and need one still, email me at unexpectedlyexpectingbaby@gmail.com, and I'll pass along the info on where to get it!

As for today, it's COLD outside. And not just Texas cold, but the general definition of cold, with a 60% chance of snow showers and temperatures falling into the teens tonight. WTF?! Here's hoping the weather change will kickstart me into labor, seeing as how Baby B is applying enough pressure that I couldn't possibly dream of walking more than a half mile at a time!

1 comment:

  1. We'll see if I'm right! I bet on a week, or two at the very most. Hang in there hun...you're almost there. Baby B will be making her entrance soon, and then you'll have someone to be overtired with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails