Monday, December 28, 2009

3 Hours!

I am extremely upset to be having to say this, but at 645, I'm being taken to the OR and by 7am, Baby B will be here.

The cervidil kickstarted my contractions to 1.5-3 minutes apart, hyperstimulating my very irritated uterus. Because of the risk of uterine rupture and resulting fetal trauma, we made the decision to have it removed and to perform a c-section. I am so 100% terrified and upset by this that I cannot even describe, but I was having 90-second contractions 90-180 seconds apart from beginning to beginning for FOUR hours, and I didn't progress whatsoever. Apparently I have a cervix of steel. Thank you, previous LEEP procedures. I would love to tell you that I am at least experiencing some relief since they removed the cervidil, but I am not. They gave me a shot of stadol for the pain, but instead of working and easing me to sleep, it couldn't even mask the pain, and now I've been awake all night long in the worst pain I've ever felt just from the cramps the cervidil caused. Unfortunately, it also made me very sick, and I threw up in excess of 15 times. Not the birth story of anyone's dreams, now, is it? Only now that I've slept in two five-minute bursts am I coherent to post, and only because I know that ill be laid up for quite some time in the hospital and probably won't feel like it again.

I don't mean to scare those left to deliver, but I was completely unprepared for how badly this could go and how excruciating it would really be.

Prep for surgery begins at 6am, and in 2.5 hours, ill meet my little girl. That's just about the only thing keeping me going right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails